Welcome to the Peace Corps/China.
This site was created to share Peace Corps experiences and resources with others. Peace Corps Volunteers have been working and living in China since 1993. Since then, Peace Corps Volunteers have worked to address the specific needs of China, its people and its resources.
- Capital City – Beijing
- Other Major Citys –Shanghai, Tianjin, Shenyang, Guangzhou, Chongqing, Harbin, Chengdu
- Official Language – Mandarin
- Area (KM2) – 9,596,960
- Population – 1,338,612,968 (2010 estimate)
- GDP – US$ $4.911 trillion (2009 estimate)
- Currency –Chinese Renminbi (RMB)
My experience in China, in the classroom and out in the community, is the most meaningful work I've ever done. Volunteers in China can never say "I didn't make a difference" because we do make a difference, every day. ValerieCurrent Volunteer in Guizhou, China